CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

JPA Interview

Hmm. Actually I went for the interview on 3rd of April. My interview is on 2.45pm and I reached INTAN on 2.30pm. I was damn nervous that time. After reaching there, a clerk asked me to 'register'. In fact, I just need to sign my name. Then, we were asked to arrange our documents according to the list. While waiting, I tried to chat with others to calm down myself. Oh! That place is very hot and quite crowded. Everybody sweats a lot...Finally, it's my turn for the JPA interview. But before that, we were arranged according to panel. In my group, there are only 4 people, i.e 2 Malay and 2 Chinese. Both of the Malays chose Technical Engineering, Nicole chose Architecture while I chose Actuarial Science.We tried to chat and memorize each name. After waiting for a long time, I finally stepped into the interview room on 4.00pm.

There were 3 interviewers-2 Malay and 1 Indian. They were very friendly actually. First, we had to introduce ourselves in MALAY!!! OMG! I didn't prepare the introduction in Malay version...So, I just introduce myself by translating from English. Haha! Quite funny and for sure, I was stucked at the middle ,then quickly ended my introduction. When I told the interviewers that I am Tennis player, one of them suddenly asked me, 'Kalau anda berpeluang untuk bermain dengan Datuk Nicol David, anda rasa anda boleh menang tak?' I was shocked and stunned there. In my mind, Datuk Nicol David is playing squash whereas I am playing Tennis. How can both of us play together? So, I have no choice but to tell her that she is playing squash but I am not. However, I also told her that I will try my best if I stand a chance to play with her. Nicole from Penang sat beside me. Wow! Although she was Chinese educated, but she speaks so fluently...

In the discussion session, my question sounds like this-'Mat Rempit has become a national issue. Give your opinion on this statement.' At first, I was very happy to get such question as we had learn t it in the Malay essay. But after discussing about the points, I started to worry. If we were asked to give our opinion in Malay, then its okay. However, we were asked to speak in English. So, we translate all the things from Malay to English... And almost all of us facing a big problem on translating it. Fortunately, we were able to complete the task successfully.

I was not sure good luck or bad luck , we were asked only 1 question due to time consuming. Before ending the interview session, the interviewers didn't forget to comfort us.'If you did not get this scholarship to overseas, you can still apply for local JPA scholarship.' At last, we shook hand with the interviewers before leaving that room.

We were relieved by the time we stepped out the room. Hurray! I can rest for a few days...Aha! I think I performed quite well in the interview. Just hope for the best...Hope to get JPA Scholarship to United States of America!!! =)

0 comments: